Visit Cal Poly
Visits and Tours
Campus Tours and Information Sessions
Our 90-minute, student-led walking tour of campus will take you through the campus core and is a great time to ask questions of a current Cal Poly student.
Immediately following the walking tour, join us for a seated Admissions Information Session to learn all the details of the admissions process. Cal Poly staff will provide a short presentation, then answer your questions.
Wrap up your day on campus with a tour of on-campus housing. Housing tours are also led by a current student.
Register for any or all of these three tours below.
All six of our academic colleges also offer tours or information sessions covering more details specific to each college. Tours will resume when students return in the fall.
The College of Engineering tour will take you through many engineering labs and explore the different majors that Cal Poly offers. Tours are held most Mondays and Fridays throughout the summer, and close-toed shoes are required. Register through the button above.
Group Campus Tours
Tour for groups of 15 or more can be requested a minimum of two weeks prior to your desired visit. Visit the Special Group Tour Registration page for details.
Tips For Your Visit
- Arrive early enough to allow 60-75 minutes to purchase a parking permit, park and walk to your check-in location (see your confirmation email for details, or visit the University Union [Bldg #65] information desk).
- Wear appropriate walking shoes
- Bring water
- A hat and/or sunscreen is suggested
Campus Holidays, Closures & Special Events
- September 3, 2018 - Labor Day
- November 12, 2018 - Veteran's Day
- November 22-23, 2018 - Thanksgiving holiday
- December 24-28 - Christmas holiday
- December 31, 2018 - New Year's holiday
- January 1, 2019 - New Year's Day