International Academic Evaluations

First-time freshman and Graduate applicants:  External international academic evaluations are not required during the initial document submission. Submit your transcripts first so Cal Poly can make a determination whether an international evaluation will be required. If an evaluation is required, applicants will be notified via email, and the item will be added to their “To-Do” list on their MyCalPoly portal.

If an international evaluation is required, your international credentials must be evaluated by the following agency:

Order the evaluation appropriate to your international credentials:

  • High School/Secondary Level Education:  Request the “Document-by-Document” Report
  • University/College Credit Education:  Request the “Course-by-Course” Report
  • Graduate/University Education:  Request the “Document-by-Document” Report


Transfer applicants (Applicants transferring from an international university):  External international academic evaluations are required during document submission, and must be evaluated by the following agency:

For University/College Credit Education, request the “Course-by-Course” Report

*Please note that your international university must be recognized by the International Association of Universities ( in order to be considered for admission at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo*

Back to top

Related Content



Applicants (who have received the access email) and Admitted students can access Cal Poly's Uportal: MyCalPoly.

Access MyCalPoly