Graduate Terms and Conditions
All Graduate students granted admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission’:
- Submission of an official final transcript from the institution that granted your Bachelor’s degree. This must illustrate the date your degree was obtained.
- GPA from the institution that granted you a Bachelor’s degree must be above a 2.5 or you must provide GRE or GMAT test scores that are above the 50-percentile in Quantitative, Verbal and Writing sections.
- If you were offered admission conditionally (with specific conditions that were set forth by your graduate coordinator) those conditions must be fulfilled.
- Any discrepancy between the information you self–reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly for the quarter to which you were offered admission in order to be considered an enrolled student at Cal Poly and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
- In order to secure your enrollment, you must accept your offer of admission via the Student Center on your MyCalPoly portal within 30 days of receiving your congratulatory email.
International Applicants must also meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission’:
- If you are currently attending an institution in the United States, you must arrange to have that institution release your SEVIS record which will allow Cal Poly to issue your I-20. Cal Poly’s SEVIS School Code is: LOS214F00093000.
- You must purchase sufficient health insurance to meet the standards set forth on the International Center website.
For more information about enrolling as an international student, please visit the International Center website.
Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be canceled.