Applicants applying as a college transfer student should be at the junior transfer level (60 or more transferable semester units or 90 quarter units by the time of transfer [end of previous spring term for fall admission]). Cal Poly does NOT accept applications for these categories:
- Lower-division transfer applicants (less than 60 transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units upon transfer).
- Students seeking a second Baccalaureate degree.
- Students seeking professional growth or professional development.
In this section
- Your Application and Deadlines – view the deadline for transfer applicants.
- Selection Criteria – view how transfer applicants compete to be selected for admission for each major.
- Submitting Documents – view a quick note about NOT submitting documents unless requested to do so.
- Selection Timeline – view when selection is made for undergraduate applicants.
- MyCalPoly – view the process for accessing our University’s Portal system once your application has been loaded to our student database.
- Application Changes – discusses allowed changes to your submitted application and the process for submission.
- Residency Information – discusses the rules governing residency requirements for the California State University sytem.
Remember, these are the steps for applying…
- Explore and choose a major to which you will apply since Cal Poly requires applicants to declare a major on the application.
- Review the selection criteria for your intended major by selecting ‘selection criteria’ from the quick links menu.
- Submit your application by the November 30th deadline as Cal Poly does not accept late applications.