International Applicant Process
Here is the application process for international applicants when applying to Cal Poly:
- Fully explore and decide on the major or program to which you want to apply. Cal Poly applicants must declare a major upon application and 'undeclared' is not an option. Once selections are made, major changes are not allowed until after the first quarter of attendance, and there are no guarantees that a major change will be allowed at that time. Selection to all Cal Poly majors is competitive and we have more qualified applicants than available new student spaces. Therefore, Cal Poly rarely considers alternate or 'second choice' majors. Choosing the major that best fits your educational goals is one of the most important decisions you can make as an applicant.
- Review the checklist for international applicants to ensure you can submit all the required documents.
- Submit your application online at www.calstate.edu/apply by the deadline for your level. International undergraduate applicants can only apply for the fall quarter. Additionally, note the application deadline and file completion deadline for graduate applicants is the same (one deadline). If you are applying to another California State University campus, submit a separate application for each campus. Do this even if you indicate an alternate campus on your application.
- After submitting an online application, you are immediately emailed by Cal Poly, acknowledging receipt of your application.
- Later in the application period after your application has been uploaded to Cal Poly's database, you will receive another email from the Cal Poly Admissions Office with instructions to access our University portal, MyCalPoly. You will access MyCalPoly to view outstanding requirements and maintain your personal information.
- Note the file completion deadline for your application and when your admissions file must be complete.
- The Cal Poly Admissions Office will then continue to communicate with you throughout the application process with any updates and/or further instructions.
- If you have any questions as a prospective international student, please send all email inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org