International Transfer Terms and Conditions
All international transfer students selected for admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission:’
- You submit all required international documents as shown on your ‘To Do List’ in your MyCalPoly Portal no later than March 1, 2017.
- You maintain an F-1 visa status.
- You have been offered admission to the major stated on your Student Center on MyCalPoly. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly and it may not be possible to change your major once you are enrolled. Furthermore, you will be required to complete coursework in your declared major during each term you are enrolled at Cal Poly. As a result, make sure you are committed to your declared major prior to accepting our offer of admission.
- You accept Cal Poly’s offer of conditional admission through the Student Center on MyCalPoly using the ‘Accept/Decline’ link by May 1, 2017*. Note: Once you ‘accept’ our offer of admission, you are certifying you understand and agree to these terms and conditions and that you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly. Additionally, failure to accept Cal Poly’s offer of admission by the deadline will result in your admission being cancelled. * In most cases, if your offer of admission is made after May 1, your 'accept/decline' option will be waived.
- If your college work has been done domestically (in the U.S.), you must submit official transcripts at the time of notification of admission (including a listing of courses in which you are currently enrolled) from all colleges and universities attended. You must also arrange to have your current institution release your SEVIS record which will allow Cal Poly to issue your I-20. Cal Poly’s SEVIS School Code is: LOS214F00093000.
- Your transcripts must verify that everything you initially self-reported on your Application for Admission is accurate and complete. This includes accurately reporting all college courses and grades on your Application for Admission as they appeared on your transcripts at the time of application.
- You must complete all coursework designated on your application, including those listed as ‘in progress’ or ‘planned’ with a ‘C’ or higher grade ( a ‘C-‘ does not fulfill admission requirements at Cal Poly) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term and have an overall GPA of 2.4 or higher.
- Should any of your self-reported information not be verified by your transcript(s), an internal review of your acceptance will be conducted that may result in your admission being cancelled. Should that occur, you will be notified at that time. You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- Final transcripts, including grades for the previous Spring Term must be received by July 15, 2017 to validate Fall Term admission. Failure to submit final transcripts by the deadline may result in a delay in your registration date and limited class availability or cancellation of your admission.
- You purchase sufficient health insurance to meet the standards set forth on the International Center website.
- If you are offered official admission, you must maintain full-time status (minimum 12 quarter units per term) during your term of entry and all subsequent terms as required by F-1 visa regulations.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly for the quarter to which you were offered admission in order to be considered a continuing student at Cal Poly and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be cancelled.