International Freshman Terms and Conditions
All international freshman students selected for admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission:’
- You submit all required international documents as shown on your ‘To Do List’ in your MyCalPoly Portal no later than March 1, 2017.
- You maintain an F-1 visa status.
- You have been offered admission to the major stated on your letter of conditional admission. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly.
- You accept Cal Poly’s offer of conditional admission through the Student Center on MyCalPoly using the ‘Accept/Decline’ link by May 1, 2017*. Note: Once you ‘accept’ our offer of admission, you are certifying you understand and agree to these terms and conditions and that you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly. Additionally, failure to accept Cal Poly’s offer of admission by the deadline will result in your admission being cancelled. * In most cases, if your offer of admission is made after May 1, your 'accept/decline' option will be waived.
- If you are currently attending an institution in the United States, you arrange to have that institution release your SEVIS record which will allow Cal Poly to issue your I-20. Cal Poly’s SEVIS School Code is: LOS214F00093000.
- You must complete all coursework designated on your application and as they appeared on your transcript, including those listed as "in progress" or "planned," with a grade of "C" (or better) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term. You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- You must complete each tem in your senior year with an overall 3.0 GPA in your College Prep Coursework.
- You send your official, final, high school transcript with confirmation of your graduation by July 15, 2017.
- Any discrepancy between the information you self-reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded.
- You purchase sufficient health insurance to meet the standards set forth on the International Center website.
- If you are offered official admission, you must maintain full-time status (minimum 12 quarter units per term) during your term of entry and all subsequent terms as required by F-1 visa regulations.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly for the quarter to which you were offered admission in order to be considered a continuing student at Cal Poly and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be cancelled.