Freshman Terms and Conditions
All freshman students selected for admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission':
- You send your official, final, high school transcript with confirmation of your graduation by July 15, 2018. Students are highly encouraged to submit final transcripts as soon as they are available.
- You accurately reported your college preparatory coursework and grades on your Application for Admission as they appeared on your transcript at the time of application.
- You must complete all coursework designated on your application, including those listed as "in progress" or "planned," with a grade of "C" (or better) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term. You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- You must complete each term in your senior year with an overall 3.0 GPA in your College Prep Coursework.
- You have been offered admission to the major stated on your Student Center on MyCalPoly. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly.
- Conditionally admitted students must respond by May 1, 2018. Note: Once you ‘accept’ our offer of admission, you are certifying you understand and agree to these terms and conditions and that you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly. Additionally, failure to accept Cal Poly’s offer of admission by the deadline will result in your admission being cancelled.
- Any discrepancy between the information you self-reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly for the quarter to which you were offered admission in order to be considered a continuing student at Cal Poly and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
All new students are required to participate in SLO Days and WOW orientation programs. You must register for both orientation programs no later than May 15, 2018. For more information, please visit: https://orientation.calpoly.edu/
Freshmen are required to live on campus during their first year. You must complete the housing application or request a waiver no later than May 15, 2018. For more information, please visit: http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/
Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be cancelled.