Access is granted to applicants who have submitted their application to Cal Poly AND their application has been loaded to our student database. Applicants are then emailed a username and instructions on setting a password for accessing MyCalPoly.
Once applicants have been emailed a Cal Poly username, applicants will access MyCalPoly and verify personal information on the portal including personal information and email address.
From MyCalPoly, you will be able to:
- View a 'To Do' List containing any additional requirements needed for your application. If no list is present, your application requires no further information until contacted by the Admissions Office.
BE ADVISED: If your application DOES NOT have additional requirements, no items will appear. The Admission Office will communicate with you through email or by letter should additional requirements become necessary.
- View your Application Status
- View your Student Personal Information:
- Addresses (update when necessary)
- Phone Numbers (update when necessary)
- Emergency Contacts (update when necessary)
- Holds (view only)
- Personal Information Channel
Maintain your email address to receive valuable information from Cal Poly throughout the application process. Email is the main form of communication between Cal Poly and applicants. It is vital, to your receiving important information, that Cal Poly has your regular email address at which you receive email on a regular basis.
- Applicant Password Manager
Change your password using this channel but reference Creating a Password for the rules and regulations. You will be asked for your previous password and then be asked to enter and confirm a new password.
- Information Guide
Peruse this channel for different information about the campus and the city of San Luis Obispo.