Graduate Applicant Process
- The website for your intended program and identify the Faculty Graduate Coordinator for your program. For questions about program admissions requirements and program curriculum, you may contact the Faculty Graduate Coordinator directly.
- The Cal Poly’s catalog for program descriptions and requirements for degree completion.
- The deadlines for your intended program and plan accordingly.
How to apply:
- Go to Cal State Apply for the online application.
- Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email confirmation from Cal Poly confirming that your application has been received.
- Your application is later loaded into the student database and you will be emailed instructions on accessing Cal Poly’s university portal: MyCalPoly. Applicants should access MyCalPoly to view further application requirements and, later, the admission status.
- For questions regarding Cal State Apply or MyCalPoly, you may contact the Admissions Office.
- If you need help through the application process, we've created a Graduate Applicant Tips Guide to help you.
Applicants will only be able to submit one application, to one graduate program, per term. Applications cannot be changed from one program to another.