Undergraduate Application Deadlines
|Term Applications||Applications Accepted||Application Deadline|
|Fall quarter - early decision*||October 1st||October 31st|
|Fall quarter - regular decision||October 1st||November 30th|
|Winter quarter||Not accepting apps||N/A|
|Spring quarter||Not accepting apps||N/A|
|Summer quarter||Not accepting apps||N/A|
Submit the application by the appropriate deadline because late applications are not accepted.
Freshmen applicants have two options under which to apply:
The 'Regular Admissions Decision' option
This option is used by the vast majority of freshman applicants and requires submitting the CSUmentor online application with the $55.00 fee, electronically by November 30th. Applicants admitted under this option will be notified by April 1st and must reply by May 1st.
The 'Early Admissions Decision' option
This option is offered to those first-time freshman applicants for whom Cal Poly is clearly their first choice. Applicants should have established strong and consistent academic records throughout secondary school and should have completed all the required standardized testing by October of their senior year.
Candidates are reviewed on their program of study in secondary school, academic performance in classes, standardized test scores, extra-curricular activities, and/or work experience.
Early Decision candidates must be committed to attend Cal Poly. Students admitted under this plan and who accept the terms of admission may be released only for compelling medical or financial reasons.
For applicants who choose the Early Decision option:
- Interested applicants must submit the CSUmentor online application, along with the required $55 application fee, by a final deadline of October 31st.
- Selected applicants are notified of the admission decision around December 15th.
- Selected applicants must accept Cal Poly’s offer of admission by January 15th. Qualified applicants not selected are automatically reviewed under the Regular Admission Decision program and notified by April 1st.
- Applicants who apply for Early Decision and are not selected will automatically be reviewed under the Regular Decision option.
- Please Note: Applicants to the majors of Art & Design and Music may not apply through the Early Admissions Decision program since a portfolio or audition is required for those majors at later dates. Select applicants to the Art and Design and Music majors will be invited to submit either a portfolio for Art and Design or schedule an audition for the Music department (or submit an audition recording). Qualified applicants for both programs will be notified in mid- January with submission information. Interested applicants can link to the Art and Design website or Music website for more information.
- Student Athlete: If you are interested in participating in intercollegiate athletics at Cal Poly, please contact the head coach for the team in which you are interested. Contact information is located on the athletics website.