Transfer Terms and Conditions
All transfer students selected for admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following 'Terms and Conditions of Admission' as verified by official transcripts.
- Submit official transcripts at time of notification of admission (including Work-In-Progress) from all colleges and universities attended.
- Your transcript(s) must verify that everything you initially self-reported on your Application for Admission is accurate and complete. This includes accurately reporting all college courses and grades on your Application for Admission as they appeared on your transcripts at the time of application.
- You must have completed and earned at least 60 semester or 90 quarter units by the end of the previous Spring term for Fall.
- You must complete all coursework designated on your application, including those listed as "in progress" or "planned," with a grade of "C" or better (a grade of "C-" does not fulfill admission requirements at Cal Poly) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term. You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- Should any of your self-reported information not be verified by your
transcript(s), an internal review of your acceptance will be conducted that
may result in your admission being cancelled. Should that
occur, you will be notified at that time.
- You must be in good standing (a 2.0 or higher GPA for CA residents—2.4 or higher GPA for non-CA residents) at the last college or university and in the last term attended.
- You must notify us of your Accept/Decline via MyCalPoly by May 1st*. If you do not submit your Accept/Decline by May 1st, your admission will be cancelled. Access the Accept/Decline via MyCalPoly webportal, PeopleSoftAdmissionsSelf-Service. * In most cases, if your offer of admission is made after May 1, your 'accept/decline' option will be waived.
- By submitting your Accept/Decline, you are certifying that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions of your admission contract and that you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly for the term of acceptance.
- Final transcripts, including grades for the previous Spring term must be received by July 15th to validate Fall term admission. Failure to submit final transcripts by the deadline
may result in a delay in your registration date and limited class availability
or cancellation of your admission.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly during the
term of acceptance in order to be considered a continuing student at Cal
Poly and enroll in subsequent terms.
NOTE: Having any of the CSU and/or Cal Poly program required courses “in progress” at or near the time of registration for classes for your term of admission may cause a delay in your registration and limited class availability until final transcripts are received and verified.
- You have been offered admission to the major displayed in your Student Center on MyCalPoly. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly and it may not be possible to change your major, once enrolled. Furthermore, you will be required to complete coursework in your declared major during each term you are enrolled at Cal Poly. As a result, make sure you are committed to your declared major prior to accepting our offer of admission.