International Freshman Terms and Conditions
All international freshman students selected for admission to Cal Poly are required to meet the following ‘Terms and Conditions of Admission:’
- You maintain an F-1 visa status.
- You have been offered admission to the major stated on your letter of conditional admission. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly.
- You accept Cal Poly’s offer of conditional admission through the Student Center on MyCalPoly using the ‘Accept/Decline’ link by May 1, 2019*. Note: Once you ‘accept’ our offer of admission, you are certifying you understand and agree to these terms and conditions and that you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly. Additionally, failure to accept Cal Poly’s offer of admission by the deadline will result in your admission being canceled. * In most cases, if your offer of admission is made after May 1, your 'accept/decline' option will be waived.
- If you are currently attending an institution in the United States, you arrange to have that institution release your SEVIS record which will allow Cal Poly to issue your I-20. Cal Poly’s SEVIS School Code is: LOS214F00093000.
- You must complete all coursework designated on your application and as they appeared on your transcript, including those listed as "in progress" or "planned," with a grade of "C" (or better) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term. You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- You must complete each term in your senior year with an overall 3.0 GPA in your College Prep Coursework.
- You send your official, final, high school transcript with confirmation of your graduation by July 15, 2019.
- Any discrepancy between the information you self-reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded.
- You purchase sufficient health insurance to meet the standards set forth on the International Center website.
- If you are offered official admission, you must maintain full-time status (minimum 12 quarter units per term) during your term of entry and all subsequent terms as required by F-1 visa regulations.
- You must enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly for the quarter to which you were offered admission in order to be considered a continuing student at Cal Poly and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
All new students are required to participate in SLO Days and WOW orientation programs. You must register for both orientation programs no later than May 15, 2019. For more information, please visit: https://orientation.calpoly.edu/
Freshmen are required to live on campus during their first year. You must complete the housing application or request a waiver no later than May 15, 2019. For more information, please visit: http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/
Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be canceled.